Video transmitters (VTX) are units that transmit video out of your drone to the FPV Goggles or video receiver. Here are among the greatest 5.8Ghz VTX for FPV drones for funds, compactness, lengthy vary and simply general efficiency.
The 5.8Ghz video transmitters really useful listed below are chosen based mostly on my expertise, the specs and options. Please be certain to do your analysis earlier than deciding which VTX to get. Here is a information I wrote some time again you would possibly discover useful: How to choose Video Transmitter for FPV Mini Quad.
|I compiled the specs of many 5.8GHz VTX in this spreadsheet so you may examine them extra carefully|
For extra FPV product suggestions, take a look at this record: oscarliang.com/tag/top-5-best
The Eachine TX805 has all of the options you ever need in a modern-day VTX:
- Supports SmartAudio for altering channel and energy in Betaflight OSD
- Built-in Microphone so you can hear the motors spinning from goggles audio output and in DVR
- You can direct-solder the wires to the VTX as an alternative of utilizing fiddly connectors
- User-friendly interface
- Robust MMCX antenna connector
- It has 30.5×30.5mm mounting holes, you may set up it on prime of your FC stack for a clear construct
The video transmitter is rated for as much as 800mW, nevertheless in my testing the ability output fell quick by 50% at its 600mW and 800mW ranges. That’s most likely the largest draw back of this VTX, however 200mW and 25mW carried out nicely and precisely. Unless you propose to fly lengthy vary, 200mW is greater than sufficient for probably the most half, in order that’s not an enormous deal breaker. After all it’s solely $19!
The TBS Unify Pro32 HV is a compact but highly effective VTX, it’s considered probably the greatest VTX for a cause: correct output energy ranges, clear sign transmission, extraordinarily prime quality and dependable.
With an output energy of as much as 1000mW (or extra) in such a small package deal, it’s extraordinarily versatile! You can use it for lengthy vary, racing, or simply informal freestyle, it’s an incredible possibility for almost all the pieces.
Another killer characteristic of the Unify Pro32 is the help by the TBS Crossfire system (if you’re a Crossfire person). You can hook up the VTX to the Crossfire receiver, and you’ll change channels and energy stage in Crossfire. This is nice for individuals who don’t run a flight controller, the place there isn’t any Betaflight OSD, like a aircraft or mounted wing.
Either means, you’ll wish to keep away from altering VTX settings utilizing the push button, it’s counterintuitive and arduous to make use of, and attempting to guage your settings by counting what number of instances an LED blinks is only a nightmare.
- Micro USB port for firmware replace and configuration (through software program TBS Agent)
- Selectable output energy between 25mW, 100mW, 400mW and 1W+
- The lightest and smallest for a 1000mW video transmitter (8.7g solely)
- PitMode – reduces the ability of your VTX to extraordinarily low stage whereas powered up, permitting you to troubleshoot with out interfering different racers
- MMCX antenna connector
The Race version is sort of a superb deal for $29, in the event you don’t thoughts the restricted energy of 25-200mW.
Perhaps the second strongest VTX’s I ever examined on my bench – the FX2 and X2 Ultimate by AKK. These video transmitters are able to 1200mW output energy, though they fell quick by 100mW-300mW in my testing, it’s nonetheless very spectacular efficiency. These are nice possibility for lengthy vary, and they’re very inexpensive too.
- 7V-26V Input voltage
- Built-in 5V 0.5A BEC for powering FPV Camera
- Supports SmartAudio
- Selectable Power stage: Pitmode, 25mW, 200mW, 600mW, 1200mW
- MMCX antenna connector
- Built-in microphone
Looking for the smallest VTX in your micro quad and Tiny Whoops? There isn’t any better option than the TBS Unify Pro32 Nano by way of specs. It’s the smallest video transmitter in the marketplace proper now with dimension 15x13x2mm and solely weighs 1 gram! And but it’s able to producing as much as 500mW of output energy!
- Input Voltage: 3V – 13V (direct energy from 2S and 3S!)
- Selectable output energy: Pitmode, 25mW, 100mW, 500mW
- U.FL antenna connector
Can’t afford the Unify Pro32 Nano? Check out the Eachine Nano VTX. It’s almost as small and lightweight weight because the Pro32 Nano, however at a fraction of the fee. It has a microphone and the Pro32 Nano doesn’t even have it. However the Zeus Nano solely takes 5V as enter voltage, you may’t energy it with 2S or 3S LiPo instantly. Here’s the review and power testing I did.
- Input Voltage: 5V
- Built-in Mic
- Output energy: 25mW, 100mW, 200mW, 350mW
- U.FL antenna connector
- Flexible mounting (whoop / 20x20mm / 16/16mm)
- Mar 2017 – List created
- Sep 2017 – List up to date
- Sep 2018 – Products up to date
- Sep 2019 – Products up to date
- May 2021 – Products up to date