One yr on, the Mobula6 from Happymodel continues to be among the finest Tiny Whoops available on the market. I broke mine and received myself a model new one, so I although I ought to take some footage and discuss why I prefer it a lot.
You can get the Mobula6 from these distributors:
There are two KV choices, 19000KV and 25000KV. I’d advocate 19000KV as a result of it’s extra environment friendly and but it’s nonetheless highly effective sufficient for on a regular basis indoor flights. 25000KV might be extra appropriate for racing.
It comes with the next gadgets within the field:
- 1 spare set of Gemfan 1219-3 Propellers
- 4 x 1S 300mah 30C LiHV Battery
- 1 x S Lipo/LIHV USB Charger
- 1 x Propeller detachable too
- CRAZYBEE F4 Lite FC
- FPV Camera: Runcam Nano 3
- Motors – SE0802 KV19000 or KV25000
- VTX channel/energy could be modified in Betaflight OSD
- Light weight: 19.5g with out battery
- Compatible with 1S Lipo (4.2V) and LIHV (4.35V)
- Camera Angle adjustable
- Has a Current Sensor!
- CRAZYBEE F4 Lite
- MPU-6000 Gyro
- Board measurement: 28.5 * 28.5mm
- Voltage Input: 2.9V-4.35V
- Built-in 4in1 Blheli_S ESC, 5A (every motor), DShot600
- Built-in Betaflight OSD
- Built-in 5.8G 40Ch 25mW VTX
- Built-in radio receiver (Frsky OR Flysky)
- 5V 1A BEC
- Battery Voltage detection
Onboard 4in1 ESC
- MCU upgraded to EFM8BB21
- Power provide: 1S LiPo/LiPo HVCurrent: 5A steady peak 6A (3 seconds)
- Support BLHeliSuite programmable
- Factory firmware: O_H_5_REV16_7.HEX
- Default protocol: DSHOT600
Love flying the Mobula in the home on a wet day, you possibly can problem your self and fly acro mode, however I usually simply fly in angle mode. Not doing any flips and rolls subsequent to my TV! 😀 It’s straightforward to regulate and setup, ought to be nice for freshmen in addition to skilled pilots.
It’s probably not appropriate for out of doors flying as a result of it will get blown away by the wind simply, and the vary isn’t nice both because of the low energy VTX and SPI radio receiver. But that’s completely okay for flying round in the home.
As a tiny whoop operating 1S LiPo, this factor is quick! It hovers at round 45% throttle and but it’s very agile and has a lot management. Default charge is a bit delicate, so that you most likely wish to modify it to your liking, but it surely’s only a ton of enjoyable flying this indoor.
The Mobula6 flies very easily out of the field, I didn’t have to vary any of the PID or filter settings. And it’s fairly environment friendly as effectively, I get about 4:half-hour of flight time utilizing the included 1S 300mAh LiPos. Those batteries positively aren’t the very best quality, however sufficient to get you began. If you need higher 1S LiPo try my spherical up.
The Mobula6 is tremendous straightforward to setup: bind your radio with the quad, assign an arm change, and you’re able to fly! It took me lower than 5 minutes to set every part up.
It’s fairly sturdy as a result of it’s so gentle. Like I discussed, I solely broke my final one after a yr of flying and consistently hitting the partitions (broken body), if you’re simply beginning and fly slower, yours most likely will last more LOL.
Camera angle is definitely adjustable which I completely love, it’s nice for various flying atmosphere, and that’s not doable in numerous tiny whoops.
Everything is built-in right into a single board: FC, ESC, radio receiver and VTX. This leads to an excellent clear wanting construct and it’s straightforward to troubleshoot. Yes, if a type of issues broke you need to exchange the entire board and it will get costly. But I haven’t had a single failed board but, it’s been fairly dependable up to now.
It even comes with a easy USB charger in your LiPos!
The included handbook could be very element on explaining find out how to setup the Mobula6, listed below are the steps I took to setup mine for first flight.
If you bought the Frsky model, right here is find out how to bind it to radio transmitter (mine is the TX16S). First, go to CLI in Betaflight, and enter:
This places the Mobula6 in bind mode, then in your radio, choose a mannequin profile that makes use of the Frsky D8 protocol (you possibly can create a brand new profile in case you don’t have one). Scroll right down to Internal RF and choose “Bind”.
The quad ought to bind inside 5 seconds, then you possibly can simply exit Betaflight and take away the USB cable.
There are some things that I needed to change in Betaflight:
- In Receiver Tab, change channel map to default (AETR), and enhance RC / YAW deadband from 1 to three (that is to scale back stick jitters)
- In Modes Tab, assign a change for arming. In truth i didn’t have to vary something right here because the default was already what I usually use
That’s it 🙂