Here is data relating to “bare” GoPro Hero 8 digital camera – a stripped down GoPro 8 can have the weigh decreased from 126g to solely 15g.
This information shall be specializing in the GoPro Hero 8. I’ve one other publish only for the Hero 6. I like to recommend studying it, there are data that’s helpful and may be utilized to the Hero 8.
Here is the bare Hero 8:
(Images by Martin Geur)
BEC Board for Naked Hero 8, so that you don’t want exterior voltage regulator. It’s a plug-and-play answer, even has built-in buttons and standing LED. There are two manufacturers making these.
BetaFPV BEC Board for GoPro Hero 8:
URUAV BEC Board:
Step by Step easy methods to disassemble Hero 8 (PDF Guide): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Aeni7J5-XNQYpCnyI59DPC0JP9H_XXKd/
Main Board Connectors
Hero 8 Logic Board Connector Part Numbers:
- I sensor: JAE WP27D-P040VA3-R15000
- II USB: JAE WP25D-P028VA1-R8000
- III REC button / GPS: JAE WP21-S020VA1-R8000
- IV MODE button / touchscreen: JAE WP21-S030VA1-R8000
- V entrance LCD: Hirose BM20B(0.6)-10DS-0.4V
- VI battery: Hirose DF57H-4P-1.2V
- VII microphones: JAE WP21-S010VA1-R8000
Button mod for the Hero6 will also be accomplished on the Hero8. Full credit score to Jonah Blaeser.
Here’s the pinout for the REC/PWR buttons:
The LED mod isn’t wanted as a result of the standing LED is situated on the mainboard.