You’ re prepping your drone to fly with your mobile phone, but for a few reason, your drone’ s WIFI won’ t seem to connect to your mobile device. Frustrating huh? I tried a bunch of “ solutions, ” here’ s what proved helpful for me.
If your drone’ ring WIFI does not connect to your mobile phone, try resetting your drones WIFI. Do this over the DJI by keeping down the power switch for 9 seconds until you hear three beeps. The WIFI ought to then reset, then the drone’ s two front lights will turn green. Now try to reunite with your phone again.
Resetting your drones WI-FI should work for many drones. However , there are several other reasons that could be leading to this connection problem. Here’ s a listing of general troubleshooting tips you can try that are quite quick and will work for most drone sorts.
I recommend dealing with these before trying anything else.
Drone’ s WIFI Link Troubleshooting Tips To Try First:
Usually, when your drone’ beds WIFI connection won’ t connect, it’ s relatively simple to figure out what happened because each one of these connection issues are incredibly closely related. Here are some of the most common troubleshooting tips which should get your connection issue categorized ASAP.
- Delete and reinstall the drone’ s app on your own phone. Often times when your mobile phone updates it could have an effect on your apps permissions.
- Try to connect with a different phone. This is a fast way to tell if it’ s an issue with your drone or your phone.
- Attempt to use an Ipad. I’ ve read of situations where an Apple ipad might pick up higher end WIFI frequencies when compared with your mobile phone. Issue works, then odds are your phone doesn’ t support the particular drones WIFI frequency.
- You can try to reset to zero your drones WI-FI. In the event that all of the above breaks down, it could be a problem using the drones WIFI. The best first step is to try and reset it. I’ ve presented details on this in the rest of the article.
- Bypass the WIFI by connecting your phone to the controller with the provided USB. If possible, a few drones don’ t let you connect your mobile phone to the control with an USB. But if you have that choice, try it!
- Check if your drones WIFI detach during a hard landing. During hard landings, your drones WIFI might have disconnected. I’ ve seen this issue with all the ProMark p70 drone, where the camera which contains the WIFI would unplug.
If these general tips didn’ t work, the problem is probably a common drone specific connection issue because of faulty manufacturing or something. I’ ve compiled a list of all of the most popular connection problems that I could find on the internet. Keep reading!
DJI Spark Drone
Issue: Drone Wifi connects to the control but not to the smart phone.
When having this issue you might view the drone’ s control WIFI pop up in your smartphone WIFI link settings, however , the exact drone’ s WIRELESS will be nowhere in order to been seen. Issue sounds familiar, then try to go through these steps to find the drones WIFI in order to pop back up on your own phone.
- The first step is to open the DJI GO app.
- Tap on the “ Need Help” text at the bottom left from the app home display screen to the left of “ Enter Device. ”
- Once you tap, a new display will open but it will surely show you how to link your phone towards the drones WIFI.
- Tap at the blue button below that says “ reset aircraft wireless settings. ”
- The application will then give you four steps on how to reset the drones WI-FI. Follow those methods.
- Now you should be able to jump back to your phone’ t WIFI settings, as well as the drone should appear.
In case you can’ t get the four steps on methods to reset the drones WIFI settings, I’ ll lay them out for you right here.
Here’ s how to reset the DJI’ ersus WIFI settings:
- 1st, you need to push plus hold the power button for 9 seconds. You’ ll know a person did it right when you hear a beep three times.
- The drone will go through it’ s i9000 resetting process. It will switch to mobile gadget control, and it will change it’ s regularity to 2 . 4GHz.
- Once your drone starts to flash its front side lights green, this means that the drones WIRELESS has properly reset.
- Open your mobile WIRELESS settings and the name of your drone should now appear.
ProMark p70 Drone
Issue: Drone Wireless connects to the controller but not to the mobile phone.
On your telephone in the WIFI settings, it doesn’ testosterone show any WIRELESS device. So there’ s nothing in order to even try to connect to.
The wireless connection comes from within the camera. If the digital camera is lit up red then it means you have a bad camera. There are a few ways you can fix this.
Solution 01: The camera might have become disconnected throughout landing. This is the best-case situation because all you’ ll need to do is usually plug it in again.
- To fix, begin by taking off the drone’ s camera.
- Once you’ ve done that will, there are two plug connections that are whitened.
- Get them to be plugged in.
- If they are disconnected, plug them in trying to connect to your drone’ s wifi once again.
Solution 02: If that doesn’ t work, you will need to get a new camera for your ProMark p70 drone. Promark is known to have got brilliant customer service, thus give them a call and they might send a new camera for free. If not, they can a minimum of point you within the right direction means get one.
If you want to give them a contact, their customer service quantity is 855-782-3776.
Parrot Anafi Drone
Issue: The drone won’ t connect to the mobile phone or maybe the controller.
Solution 01: The first thing you should attempt is resetting Anafi’ s wifi. This process won’ t reset your drone to factory settings, however it will make sure it’ t fully updated. You can do that will by following the measures below.
- First, switch on your drone.
- Push and hold the power switch for 8 seconds. The red lighting will begin turning on a single after another. As soon as all 4 lights are on, it’ beds safe to release the button.
- The drone WIRELESS will then reboot. While rebooting, it will also build a TXT file at the microSD which will possess the drones WIFI password.
In case that doesn’ capital t work, there’ beds another fix that you could try.
Solution 02: This solution was released by Parrot them selves. Just make sure you online backup any media. This solution will permanently all files which includes media on FreeFlight 6 that has not really been backed up. So make sure you backup whatever you want to keep!
- Let’ ring jump right into the 2nd Anafi connection alternative.
- First, you’ ll need to turn off your drone, close your Skycontroller and make detach the controller a person mobile phone.
- Next, you’ ll need to reboot your phone and switch it to trip mode. Make sure Wireless bluetooth and WIFI are turned off.
- Now you’ ll need to set up your own drone just how you do before the flight.
- But this time make use of a different cable whenever you connect the Skycontroller 3 into your portable device.
- If the FreeFlight 6 app automatically releases once the above has been done, it means that connection between your mobile device FreeFlight 6 app and Skycontroller 3 has been reestablished.
- When using a different cable connection fails, try removing the FreeFlight six app and reinstalling it again. An update on your mobile phone could have messed with all the app’ s permissions. IMPORTANT, this step will certainly delete all mass media that you have that’ h not backed up.
If it nevertheless doesn’ t function after trying the above steps, try using another mobile phone or even a good Ipad. If nothing, the issue probably lays a bit deeper. I’ n recommend contacting assistance as this probably means that your Skycontroller three or more is damaged.