The Fugro Blue Shadow is a 9-meter lengthy uncrewed floor vessel designed to extend information acquisition effectivity and speed up hydrographic mission schedules whereas rising security. Designed for acquisition of high-quality survey information, it helps protected navigation, sustainable financial improvement and safety of oceans and coasts.
The vessel’s superior situational consciousness functionality is enabled by built-in radar and automated identification system (AIS) to detect close to and much targets for impediment and collision avoidance throughout operations. Situational consciousness can also be achieved by vessel standing monitoring sensors and 360-degree cameras making certain steady website visibility.
Efficient information acquisition is ensured by means of dynamic line-planning performance that allows the Blue Shadow to routinely regulate the survey line spacing and orientation primarily based on the water depth, while sustaining the required multibeam echo sounder swath overlap. This gives in depth protection of the seabed and information that exceeds all nationwide accuracy requirements.
Blue Shadow has absolutely autonomous, semi-autonomous and direct remote-control choices. For positioning and navigation it makes use of differential GPS (DGPS) from Fugro’s G4+ sensor, augmented by Kongsberg’s Seapath 380-R3 gyro, and the Fugro Starfix Suite navigation bundle. Also onboard, the Kongsberg EM2040-04 Multi Beam Echo Sounder (MBES), the Teledyne Echotrac E20 Mk II Echo sounder, the AML MVP30 sound velocity profiler and Valeport UV-SVP Sound velocity (at head)
International Maritime Organisation-compliant navigation and sign lights for twenty-four/7 operations mixed with back-up positioning methods and an emergency anchor, guarantee protected operations and reduces Health, Safety, Security & Environment (HSSE) threat. A again up communications system with automated operational switch functionality permits the Blue Shadow operator to observe operations and, if required, take management of operations remotely.
With as much as a 90% discount in CO2 emissions, the Blue Shadow lowers the carbon footprint of offshore operations, contributing to a extra sustainable future.
The Blue Shadow can function independently or as a pressure multiplier alongside a mum or dad vessel. This allows the Blue Shadow to help a variety of operations; it may be used to scale and velocity up the depth of information assortment in each nearshore and offshore environments.
- Wave-piercing hull design gives a secure configuration for high-quality information acquisition
- Gondola-mounted sensors allow correct information acquisition with low acoustic interference
- Robust aluminum hull with fenders reduces downtime threat
- Optimized situational consciousness achieved by means of 360-degree digicam together with infrared, radar, AIS, climate station and vessel standing monitoring sensors
- Advanced vessel management software program with impediment and collision avoidance capabilities
- Autonomous dynamic line planning functionality to extend information acquisition effectivity
- Force multiplier operations with a mum or dad vessel will increase productiveness and reduces mission schedule
- Reduced gasoline consumption and carbon footprint ensures sustainable operations
- Launch and restoration system together with floating dock and cradle facilitates seamless servicing of the USV on the mum or dad vessel deck when required
- Fast acquisition of high-quality information and improved mission schedule utilizing the pressure multiplier functionality
- Improved security by means of autonomous operations lowering HSSE publicity for offshore personnel
- Lower operational carbon footprint on account of decreased gasoline consumption
- High-quality information ensured by means of opposed climate circumstances on account of wave-piercing design